December Guelph Service Bulletin
- Source Water - Test before each production season, especially water sourced from ponds and wells which may have differing mineral content from year to year.
- Solution - Weekly to monthly testing allows monitoring and adjustment of nutrient levels, pH, and EC.
- Growing Media - Test once before planting, and once mid-season, to determine the nutrient content, pH, and EC of the media.
- Plant Tissue - Weekly or monthly nutrient analysis allows monitoring of the adequacy of fertilizer programs, and diagnosis of deficiencies and toxicities before plants become visually symptomatic.
- DNA Multiscan - Monthly or seasonal monitoring of plant pathogen levels allows control before diseases develop in the crop. Large Scan for diagnosis is utilized to determine which pathogen and subspecies is in high levels and likely to be causing the visual symptoms.
- Plant Diagnostics - As the DNA multiscan measures only fungal oomycetes, viral infections such as Pepino or Cucumber Mosaic can be diagnosed or confirmed by other methods.
The quality of a mixed feed is, in part, the result of the uniform distribution of ingredients throughout. The determination of mixer performance is therefore an important step in high quality complete feed production. SGS offers mixer validation testing for common nutrients including manganese, zinc, sodium, and salt. A minimum of 10 samples must be provided.
2016 - 2017 HOLIDAY HOURS
Friday, December 23rd - 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
Monday, December 26th - Closed
Tuesday, December 27th - Closed
Friday, December 30th - 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
Monday, January 2nd - Closed
Our sincerest thanks for your business during the past year, and we wish you happiness and prosperity for the holiday and the New Year!
For further information, please contact:
Jack Legg, CCA-ON
Branch Manager, Agronomist
Guelph, Ontario N1H 6T9
503 Imperial Rd. N., Unit 1
t: +1 519 837 1600